Meet the Mentoring Team
Learning Support Mentor:
- Supporting children who have barriers to their learning both in and/or out of school - to help them reach their full potential.
- With parent consent we can offer one to one mentoring on issues like bereavement or where a separation has occurred in a family.
- Running of nurture and friendship groups to develop children’s social skills.
- Helping children with their transition – key stage 1 to key stage 2 and Year 6 children going to secondary school.
Family and Community Mentor
Family and Community Mentor:
- Working with the community and families to get the most out of a range of educational opportunities.
- Getting parents involved in our school through a variety of ways e.g. listening to readers, helping in the library, School Association.
- Signposting parents and families onto other support structures and services.
- Setting up one to one meetings with new parents to familiarise them with the school’s systems and procedures.
- Organise workshops linked to the curriculum e.g. maths, reading, phonics.
How can you contact us?
- Through the main office on 01564-823189 or simply call in.
- We hold drop in sessions in the mentoring room, in school, every Friday morning between 9.00am and 9.30am where someone is available to talk.
Remember we are here for you!