- Vision and Aims
- Meet Our Staff
- School Improvement Plan
- Performance Data
- Our Ofsted Report
- Our Behaviour Values
- Our Curriculum
- British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Sports Premium
- Meet the Governors
- Covid-19 Information
- General Information
- Tidbury Green Pre-school & Baby Unit
- Data Protection
At Tidbury Green School our aim is to develop confident, capable life-long learners through an engaging, exciting and relevant curriculum that equips them for their future in modern Britain.
Our curriculum is underpinned by our behaviour principle (where kindness and courtesy count) and key behaviour values:-
- Be Kind-Mutual Respect/Tolerance
- Be Polite-Honesty/Respect
- Be Safe-Care/Responsibility
- Be your Best-Academic Excellence/Leadership/Work Ethic
We are committed to providing a curriculum with breadth that focuses on all our students being able to achieve the following:-
Become Good Citizens…
- Ensure pupils are fully prepared for life in modern Britain.
- Involved in working with the local community to promote local, national and global awareness.
- Engage in learning about themselves and have an understanding of the wider world and its cultures.
- Celebrate and welcome differences within our diverse school community.
- Offer a wide-range of quality extra-curricular opportunities for personal development.
- Offers opportunities to develop learners’ confidence and enjoyment in reading.
- Develop a thirst for new knowledge and experiences.
Become Critical Thinkers…
- Challenge and inspire pupils’ and lead to a lifelong interest in learning.
- Prepare pupils’ for further education/world of work.
- Provide collaborative learning opportunities.
- Provide opportunities for pupils’ personal development.
- Allow pupils’ to achieve their personal best.
- Provide challenges that help develop a positive growth mind set, resilience and high self-esteem.
We believe for pupils to become successful learners they need to have a true thirst for learning and enquiry. We do so, through the use of ‘Big Questions’ at the beginning of new topics; that encourage pupils to ask questions, challenge ideas and information, research information and work collaboratively with their peers.
We also recognise that for pupils to acquire and embed new knowledge and skills they need to be given the opportunity to recap, revisit and rehearse them several times to ensure they are committed to their long term memory. Subject learning journeys give an overview of topics that are taught and where they are revisited throughout a pupil’s time at Tidbury Green.
Your Child's Core Subjects at Tidbury Green
For the foundation subjects of the National Curriculum, you will find your child's learning journey during their time at Tidbury Green below.
Curriculum Map Overviews
You can find further English and Maths information on our class pages and in the 'English and Maths Zones' of our website.
Please visit the year group class pages and view the half-termly study plans for a subject specific break down of the curriculum and the expected outcomes.
For more in-depth information about the curriculum please click the link below:-